Sunday, May 18, 2008

Firefox addons I can't live without

Ubuntu Hardy comes loaded with Firefox 3 beta 5. (The RC1 version has just been announced and I'll be updating Firefox soon.) This new version throws most of the addons that I was using on Firefox 2 out the window. The few that do work are great. One excellent one that I've added right away is Foxmarks. It allows me to recover all my bookmarks from the last installation and it updates the bookmarks each time I exit. I can also grab those bookmarks from any other computer that has Firefox installed. Please note that at present, Foxmarks is only in beta testing for Firefox 3 and you'll need to sign up on their site to be included in the testing.

I'll simply list all the other addons that I've installed. I recommend that you check them out and give them a try as well.

Customize Google

Hyperwords

Stumbleupon

No comments: