Saturday, September 5, 2009

"Whoa. Déjà vu"

"A déjà vu is usually a glitch in Ubuntu. It happens when they change something."


The above quote was actually from the Matrix with a minor change, but I've just installed the latest Alpha (5) of Ubuntu and there were a few things I've discovered.
They've made some changes to some things in this next version, but as it's still in alpha testing, some more changes may yet occur.
Here is my video of the boot up process for starters. youtube link
I've encountered a few bugs that are somewhat annoying and may prevent me from continuing to test this until it is released as a beta.
The most annoying bug causes my laptop to freeze at a blank screen every time I close the laptop lid and place it in suspend mode. When I reopen the laptop, the screen is simply blank and no key presses will wake it up again, forcing a reboot.
I'll be writing more about my experiences with Ubuntu 9.10 soon.

No comments: