Monday, June 23, 2008

Laptop wifi glitches

It's just over a week since I installed Ubuntu on my daughters laptop. She's been extremely happy with the speed increase of her Compaq Presario V2000. I left her the choice to use either Windows or Ubuntu as I created a dual boot system for her, but to date, she hasn't booted Windows up yet. She's been happy using the Linux software I installed. When I set her computer up, I took time to walk her through the differences between Windows and Ubuntu and what to expect. I explained all the software that she likes to use compared to its Windows equivalent. I gave her no less than 3 Instant Messaging programs to test drive to see which one she likes best. She's still trying each one out.
Lately, she's been finding that the Wifi signal doesn't load automatically on booting. I'm puzzled as to why this is. I noticed that one time it happened, I tried rebooting only to find the wifi unavailable again. It was only when I shut the laptop down and restarted that the wifi mysteriously came back on. I haven't spent much time yet to try and track down a reason or a fix for this just yet. I only hope that this doesn't totally discourage her from continuing on as a linux user.

No comments: