Saturday, August 9, 2008

NBC hates linux

This post has more to do with the Olympics that started yesterday, than it does Linux.
I watched the Olympic opening ceremonies yesterday in glorious hi def on my TV, and then logged on to see what was available online. Two networks, NBC in the US and CBC here in Canada both have live Olympic coverage online.
(edit: read note at the bottom of post before trying to watch these videos)
I was able to watch the live proceedings without any problem via the CBC link

NBC online coverage was another matter altogether. It seems that their feed does not support Linux at all.

Shame on you NBC.
Although I shouldn't be too surprised.
While CBC was covering the event live, NBC only showed a rebroadcast of the opening ceremonies late in the evening. Also, I may sound biased, but I feel that CBC did a much better job with the video broadcast coverage than NBC. So with that in mind, I don't feel so bad for not being able to view NBC online.

No comments: