Saturday, July 2, 2011

Absence makes ubuntu grow fonder

Have I abandoned this blog? Not quite. Have I left Ubuntu behind? I have to be honest and state that when I saw the changes that were being made to version 11.04, I started searching for a replacement distro. I had tried the beta and was not impressed with the design or layout that was being implemented. I listened to podcasts that shared my disappointment in the distro interface overhaul that was taking place over at Canonical. I considered switching to some of the other distros that I have tried in the past. In the end, I decided to stick it out, but made some compromises. I didn't like Unity, so I disabled it after installing Ubuntu 11.04. I made some other tweaks and modifications to my system that suits the way I use my computer. I may publish those changes in future, but then everyone has their own personal settings, and my changes may not be what you're looking for. I'm looking forward to the future, and what Ubuntu has in store. Linux is growing and maturing very quickly these days and it's great to be able to follow along and watch it happen.

1 comment:

ubuntu for share said...

The most important thing in using some tools is for make easy.

As like ubuntu, we have to try to make it as easy as possible in order to do our daily need in computing.